A Data-Driven Approach to Achieving 4.0+ ROAS in the Travel Industry
When we started working with the client, the Facebook Ad account exclusively utilized videos that were highly similar to each other. Although the campaigns were successful in terms of lead generation, they lacked effectiveness in creating purchase intent among the audience.
We identified several key issues within the ad account that hindered its effectiveness in generating purchases:
- Lack of a data-driven methodology: The account lacked a structured methodology that would ensure data-driven decisions. Our goal would be to implement our Test4Performance methodology to drive better results with data-driven decision-making process.
- Limited variety of creatives: All used videos were similar, making it difficult to determine if they represented the best possible content for the client’s ad account. Our goal would be to largely diversify the ad content, and scale the best-performing variations.
- The objective was to achieve a ROAS of 2.0 or higher.
- Launching a huge amount of radically different content to truly experiment and find the best direction for the client’s account.
- Implementing data-driven testing approach (our Test4Performance system) aimed to identify and scale the top-performing elements.
- Creating an easy-to-scale ad structure.
How did we achieve it
We’re strong believers that developing an effective brand strategy requires conducting comprehensive brand research. This involves identifying the key values associated with the products and/or services, analyzing the target demographic, evaluating competitors, and much more.
These elements served as the foundation for the overall strategy, including the planning of the ad account structure. However, particular emphasis was placed on devising a creative strategy and creating the testing plan. That’s why we initiated our focus in this area.
Our testing process, known as ‘Test4Performance,’ provides us with the opportunity to test various elements, scale and improve only those that perform well based on the data we receive and analyze. This approach allows us to find the optimal combination of top copy, creative content, target audience, and more, resulting in a highly performing ad. This is the approach we aimed to implement in the ad account.
After the research period, we developed a creative testing strategy, and a testing plan that served as our roadmap. We identified the most important tests we wanted to launch and established their priority. This would help us stay on track and drive our focus to the most important areas for testing.
The entire launch was divided into three phases:
- Phase 1: Concept tests
We conducted tests to evaluate all the concepts we believed had the potential for success. The goal was to identify the top combinations.
- Phase 2: Enhanced concept tests
Building upon the top-performing elements, such as creatives and copy, and refining them to further enhance their performance.
- Phase 3: Scaling
Expanding the reach of the top combinations and emphasizing the maximization of ROAS.
Thanks to the comprehensive strategy we implemented, we not only achieved our goal of a ROAS of 2.0+, but exceeded it with a ROAS of 4.0+.
Our data-driven testing approach, combined with a diverse range of creatives and leveraging our experience and methodologies, enabled us to generate high-quality website traffic with a strong purchase intent while simultaneously reducing costs.
As a result, we surpassed our desired ROAS target and achieved quite outstanding performance.